This elderly couple took a photo in their small garden outside their house for every season of the year, come rain, snow or shine.
They stood in the same spot for every season and showed off their beautiful little garden, which they were obviously very proud of.
I wasn’t ready for the last one
oh i actually felt that physically
Nina Hagen and Lene Lovich, 1979
I now want to recreate this photo with kambriel. It looks like something we’d do.
when u try to caffeinate yourself and just end up increasing ur heart rate with no discernible changes in levels of exhaustion
Iran: A Cinematographic Revolution.
A brilliant documentary on the history, poetics, and politics of Iranian cinema. A must see for any aspiring filmmaker or fan of world cinema.
Care about nature. Plant a tree. Hug a tree. Hug a cactus. Shove some dirt up your ass. Recycle.
there isnt a single part of this vine i dont like
me: *arrives at party*
me: so who wants to talk about institutionalized racism
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
"i want a blowjob"
quiero una biblia
"call a prostitute"
llama a la monja
"where is the strip club"
donde esta la iglesia
"i want to get laid"
quiero leer la palabra de dios
/// For more VISUAL INSPIRATION in illustration, graphic design, packaging, art and a lot more … just follow HOPLOID ON TUMBLR
Thank You! ///
The noctuid moth Ascalapha odorata bears the common name “Black Witch”. It is considered an omen of death in Mexican and Caribbean folklore. In Mexico, it is known as “Mariposa de la muerte”.